Rochester Area Mensa (RAM) is always Inviting Intelligence — We would love to have you join our group. To make it as easy as possible, there are two ways you can join:
Take a Test
Several times every year, RAM invites membership candidates to take a Mensa admission test. These are supervised intelligence tests administered by one of our trained and certified proctors.
- If you are an adult (18 or above) we can administer our standard admission test battery
- If you are aged 14 to 17 we can provide a test but it will require parental permission
- We also offer a Culture Fair Test Battery. You may be interested if you:
- are a speaker of English as a second language,
- are a person raised or familiar with another culture,
- previously did not qualify on our standard test battery,
- simply process visual information more efficiently than verbal information.
PLESE NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, all admission test sessions are for our Standard Mensa Admission Test Battery; the Culture-Fair Test Battery is less common and is only given on certain occasions or upon request.
Our Next Test
*** Culture-Fair Test Battery ***
*** 2019 "New Year, New You" promotion ***
The regular Mensa admission testing fee is $60, but during the month of January testing is reduced to $39.99, respresenting a 33% disouunt.
Test Date: Saturday, January 19, 2019
Test Time: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Gates Community Center
1605 Buffalo Road
Gates, NY 14624
Proctor: Robert Horner
For More Info or Registration, Contact:
585.204.7210 (you may need to leave a message)
This admission test session will be for the Culture-Fair Test Battery ONLY. It is open to the public. Prior registration is required, prepayment is advised but NOT required. Prepayment is available online at US.Mensa.org. Please contact Terry Redfield (Email: ) for more details.
Plan to arrive 10 to 15 minutes early. Parking is behind the building. Upon arrival, enter using the driveway to the right (west side) of the building; when exiting use the driveway on the other side (east side) of the building.
Submit Prior Evidence
Many of our members joined without ever having to take one of our own proctored admission tests. They were able to submit certification - otherwise known as prior evidence - of tests they have already taken. If you previously achieved a qualifying score at any point in your life, at or above the 98th percentile on a standardized intelligence test, you may already qualify for membership. We can accept certification of almost 200 different tests.
Just to give you an idea of the many types of tests we can accept, simply review this list of categories and recall tests you may have taken:
- Tests commonly administered by school districts
- College preparatory tests
- Tests administered by private psychologists
- Tests administered by the military
For more information and a partial list of accepted test scores, we will refer you to the American Mensa, Ltd. website list of
Qualifying Test Scores.