1 - Normal Print Layout
This is arranged exactly the same as we use to print two pages per 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper, printed on both sides. If you would like to print your own copy, this is the one. Please keep in mind that the pages are arranged in logical order, not in numerical order. Once you print on both sides, fold, and collate they'll be in the right order. For the August issue, this will use three standard sheets of paper (when printed on both sides).
2 - Larger Print Version
This version is the one to use if you simply intend to read from the PDF or wish to print a copy with one page per sheet and no regard to printing on both sides. The font size is roughly 33% larger than the standard version. This normally will use twelve standard sheets of paper for August unless you actively decide to print both sides.
3 - Larger Print Version, Offset
If you want to produce a larger-print hardcopy and intend to use both sides, try this version: The pages are arranged with a 1/2" gutter on the bound edge of the page. The gutter alternates sides, allowing you to print two sides per 8.5" x 11" sheet. This is useful when you intend to staple pages together (as a booklet) or, for instance, if you want to use a three-hole punch to accumulate pages in a three-ring binder. Used as intended, this will use twelve standard sheets of paper.
4 - The Centerfold, a Printable August RAM Calendar (Available as a .PDF)
Sorry to disappoint you; it might not be what you thought at first! Get our August Centerfold and stick it up on your refrigerator, your cubicle divider, your bathroom mirror, your computer screen, or your music stand... anywhere it might serve to remind you of upcoming RAM events.
Looking for Pictures
We also are looking for original photography for subsequent editions of The Constellation. Any suitable photo selected would be used as both the cover photo for the newsletter and the watermark background for the RAM Centerfold calendar in any given month... Additional details are listed below or if interested.
- It must be an original photograph taken and submitted by anyone — RAM member or non-member — depicting something of interest from a recent RAM event.
(That reminds me: You are always welcome to bring along a family member or friend [or possibly two, or possibly more] to any RAM event. No, you cannot send someone in your stead 'cause after all, we like seeing you anyway!)
- We strongly recommend any 4:3 aspect ratio for your photo. Specifically, that's 4 units of width to 3 units of height, in any size, but commonly referred to a s "lanscape" orientation. (e.g. avoid any camera setting that is intended for 6" x 4" prints - that's a 3:2 aspect ratio.) We may have to crop or re-proportion any photo anyway, but especially and more so if strays from the 4:3 format.
- The picture must be of sufficient resolution / quality to reproduce well at various sizes. We'll take care of the resizing, but it will be used for a full 8 1/2" x 11" watermark... Pictures taken with most digital cameras will be just fine.
- We reserve the right to use or not use, or to edit any photograph submitted. For instance, converting your picture to a watermark almost certainly will involve increasing the brightness and reducing the contrast.
- Full credits will be posted and copyrights are retained by the original photographer.
- For now, please send your picture as an email attachment to .